16 September 2009

Portrait Special

One of the viewers of my blog asked me a question, “Why don’t you try some portrait pictures and capture candid emotions?” This was one of the most constructive criticisms that I ever got for my blog. It knocked me hard and made me re-think on the kind of photos I have been taking.

I re-visited all my previous posts and felt that I haven’t contributed much on Portrait Photography. So I decided to publish a post that is completely on portraits.

This is the time to dust out my collections and I tried to sort out some of the portrait snaps taken.

A serious question arrived on how to crop a portrait image while preparing this post. Then I decided to leave it my own style of cropping. I followed a simple rule - Crop out a small portion of the head and give more emphasis on the face as emotions shown in the face is the central theme of any portrait.
















4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snaps Chandy. You proved again in your portrait photography. If possible, post the technical details of the pics like shutter speed, aperture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jennifer-U have always been the first person to comment :) thank u. Lets work on the caption in the next post.
    @Nanda -Thank u . Your suggestion is well taken.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive